The Junior School commenced Term 3 with a service commemorating the 80-year anniversary of the opening of their buildings.
For the past 17 ½ years, Christian College Junior School has enjoyed living and learning within these buildings, but have only played a small part in their history.
The buildings where the Christian College Junior School and Williams House campus are now located were originally built as the Glastonbury Orphanage. These buildings were officially opened for operation as an orphanage on 7 July 1933.
To remember the Glastonbury Orphanage Year 4 students read out significant information about the history of the buildings. Some of the past orphans who called the Orphanage their home many years ago attended the ceremony and toured the buildings after the service to see how things had changed.
< Return to News listings