Christian College Geelong dominates GISSA Swimming & Diving Competition
Christian College Geelong dominated the GISSA Swimming Championships!
Our College took out three of the four sections - Junior Boys, Junior Girls & Senior Boys. In addition to this, the Boy’s team won the Overall Shield, and the Girls narrowly missed 1st place in the Overall Girls section, recording second - just 19 points behind Geelong College.
The contribution by all swimmers is to be commended. In any team event, there are normally late withdrawals or unavailability and others within the team are required to fill these spaces. The College swimmers replaced those absent with enthusiasm, skill and passion. This willingness was a significant contributor toward the great results.
- The leadership and support provided by Swimming Captains Georgia Gordon and Declan Hargreaves.
- Max Piroch, Year 10, remained undefeated after four years of competition - extending his streak to 20 individual and relay wins. What an impressive record! With the support of Flynn Drake, Aaron Richardson and Hamish Todd, the boys dominated the 16 years age group.
- Madison Cooper, Year 7, was victorious in all her individual events - Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke and Butterfly. In addition to that, she joined with Nyah Brown, Maya Fuller and Kya Werner to win the Medley Relay.
- Elizabeth Andueza Mossop, Year 10, won the Backstroke, Butterfly and Freestyle 16-year events.
- The 15-year-old boys of Dylan Logan, Noah Cunningham, Flynn Sheldon and Austin Brown won the 4 x 50 metre Freestyle and Medley Relays and the 14-year-old Boys team of Riley Taylor, Harvey Beckley, Sullivan West and Luka Kapitelli won the 4 x 50 metre Freestyle Relay.
- Individual victories were recorded by Maya Fuller (two events), Sophie Todd, Austin Brown, Owen Costin, Madeleine Benson and Daniel Sfara and Dylan Logan.
- A small number of Christian College students competed in the GISSA Diving competition. We congratulate Isabelle MacAdie on winning, and Lachlan Davis for placing second in their respective 16-year-old sections.
In the final race of the day, Boys Captain Declan Hargreaves (4th leg) turned third in the 4 x 50 metre Medley and overpowered his Geelong College and Geelong Grammar opponents to end the event victorious.
Times: 1st Christian College (2.14.33) 2nd Geelong College (2.14.34) 3rd Geelong Grammar School (2.14.72)
Deputy Head of Campus