The Careers Spot
VCE and Career Expo 2017
4th May to 7th May, Caulfield Racecourse
Over the coming days, the annual VCE and Careers Expo is being held. You can gather invaluable information and help in such areas as:
- Information and resources for the VCE
- Information about university, TAFE and training courses
- Career advice
- Study advice
- International exchange and gap year programs
This link will take you to the Careers Expo homepage: http://www.vceandcareers.com.au/
Career Expo success lies in effective preparation.
Here are 10 Career Expo visit help tips for you:
- List the priority exhibitors with the ‘must visit’ at the top of the list.
- If they are busy, make a time to come back and see them.
- Don’t leave the expo without visiting the 'must see' exhibitors.
- Allocate time to spend with each of your priority exhibitors.
- Non-priority exhibitors can be visited if you have time.
- Prepare an introduction. Keep it short. Introduce yourself and say why you’re interested in this career or a particular study area.
- Have a list of questions to ask. Don’t leave it to memory.
- Take notes and gather information.
- Ask for their business card or get their name and email to follow up.
- Before moving on make sure you’ve got the contact details of the person you spoke to so you can follow up. Don’t expect them to contact you. When you get home, send them a “thank you” email and if they were going to email you information, remind them.
- Take the visit seriously. It’s about your future so it’s important you focus and don’t get distracted.
Weekly Career News
Please click here for the latest edition of the Weekly Career News.
This weeks topics are:
- Early entry applications open for Australian Catholic University and University of New England
- Applications open for the YMCA Press Gallery program - for students interested in journalism
- Three universities offering year-long business industry experience programs
- Bachelor of Commerce at Victoria University
- Changes to the VETASSESS test requirements for the Diploma of Nursing
- Study at the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA)
- Changes to entry requirements for undergraduate education degrees in Victoria
- Women in trades websites
- Stories from RMIT students
- Laboratory Medicine at RMIT
- VCE and Careers Expo