The Careers Spot
How to get a job that doesn't exist yet
The world of work is changing – and some jobs are changing faster than others. According to the latest research, we will soon only be as good as the skills we possess. But which skills are they, and how can we make sure we keep pace?
To get an idea of what challenges lie ahead, and the tools needed to tackle them, the World Economic Forum asked a selection of career experts and CEOs and that age-old question.
The attached article suggests some interesting thoughts on this.
Weekly Career News
Click here for the current edition of the Weekly Career News.
This weeks topics are:
- Key websites for trades and further technical study.
- Would you like to undertake work experience in the construction industry? You will need to obtain a 'White Card’.
- Urban Futures competition.
- Heywire Media competition for young people.
- University early-entry programs at Australian Catholic University, University of New England and La Trobe University.
- Meet RMIT students studying Aerospace Engineering and Business.
- Into the outdoors? Win an adventure pack from the University of Tasmania.
- New teaching and learning model at Victoria University to start in 2018.
- UNSW Bragg Student Prize for Science Writing - Enter now!
- Finance Services Careers.
- Maths, Science and Engineering Careers.
- Health courses open day at University of Canberra.
- Federation University TAFE holiday program.
- Trinity Young Leaders School.
- Indigenous Student Experience Monash Day.
- Upcoming events.