The Careers Spot
Scholarships for Tertiary Sudy in 2018
At this time of the year our Year 12’s and families are working together to formulate preference lists for further study in 2018. Alongside this is the opportunity to apply for both SEAS and scholarships. The careers team at Senior School are privileged to be able to be a part of this conversation should you wish.
Costs are most certainly a factor in many decisions about the what/where/when of further work or education for students and their families.
As part of the VTAC process there is information on the VTAC website to assist in applying for scholarships. However, VTAC does have information on scholarships available directly through the institution. The Good Universities website also has information in this area.
Although this can be time consuming it is a valuable activity to undertake – some education providers have scholarships available which may not continue from one year to the next unless they are taken up by students. Please avail yourself of the opportunity to look in to financial support and note the closing dates for the various institutions.
The links below could be valuable to scroll through:
https://www.gooduniversitiesguide.com.au/scholarships (select ‘more options’)
Weekly Career News
Please click here for the Weekly Career News. Have a fantastic week:
- Upcoming career events
- VTAC Advice Nights at Swinburne University
- Portfolio Information Evenings at Deakin University
- Careers and Creative Day, Monash University
- Digital Media courses
- Information Technology Scholarship Programs
- Unique Engineering degree at Charles Sturt University
- UNSW Medicine Information Evening - YouTube video of the event
- Elite Athlete bonus point scheme
- Marine Science courses
- New Bachelor of Medical Engineering at University of Newcastle
- New Genomics, Medical Genomics and Food & Agribusiness majors at Deakin University
- Australian Apprenticeship Pathways website
- Defence Jobs website
- Apprenticeships now open - Essential Energy (Electrical), Vantage Automotive (Automotive) and Cummins (Electrical and Mechanics)
- White Card Game
- How to become a psychologist
- Careers in psychology