Year 3 Camp Reminders
Not long to wait now until we head off on the bus to Lake Dewar!
We are all so very excited about the many fun activities we will enjoy and the great times we will have with each other. The weather is so unpredictable at the moment, so we need to be prepared for all types of weather.
Please read the clothing list carefully, as your child will need to be able to carry their own bag and organise their own belongings as part of encouraging independence. Also, a friendly reminder to pack some gumboots, a waterproof coat and bring along some plastic bags for wet and dirty clothing.
Below is the link for Lake Dewar, if you would like to have a look at the Camp facilities.
CLOTHING LIST FOR SCHOOL CAMP - YEAR 3
1. Sleeping bag. Blankets and pillows are supplied.
2. A pillowcase
3. A small suitcase/carry-all overnight bag
4. One small backpack for 1st day activities and lunch
5. Sunblock and insect repellent
6. A protective hat
6. One towel
7. Two pairs of sensible footwear for participating in outdoor activities. Sneakers are preferable. Also, thongs for showers
8. Three changes of underwear, socks, T-Shirts
9. Clothing appropriate to the season. Most of the Camp activities will be undertaken outdoors
a. Jumper/rain coat
10. Toothbrush, toothpaste, brush and comb, soap and face washer
13. Laundry bags for soiled clothing (two plastic bags will suffice)
14. Camera (not compulsory) may be taken only with parents’ permission, and at your own risk. Parents and students are asked to ensure that NO electronic games, iPads etc., lollies or personal valuables, such as jewellery, are taken to the camp.
15. Emergency telephone number at Lake Dewar is (03) 53 687 459. It must be stressed that this number can only be used in cases of emergency.
16. Any clothing items required for Camp Concert.
PLEASE SEE THAT ALL ITEMS ARE CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME
Debbie Riddle, Lisa Johnson and Paige Karamatic
Year 3 Teachers