The Careers Spot
Scholarships for Tertiary Sudy in 2018
At this time of the year, our Year 12 students and families are working together to formulate preference lists for further study in 2018. Alongside this is the opportunity to apply for both SEAS and scholarships. The careers team at Senior School are privileged to be able to be a part of this conversation, should you wish.
Costs are most certainly a factor in many decisions about the 'what, where and when' of further work or education for students and their families. As part of the VTAC process there is information on the VTAC website to assist in applying for scholarships. However, VTAC does have information on scholarships available directly through the institution. The Good Universities website also has information in this area.
Although this can be time consuming, it is a valuable activity to undertake – some education providers have scholarships available which may not continue from one year to the next unless they are taken up by students. Please avail yourself of the opportunity to look in to financial support and note the closing dates for the various institutions.
The links below could be valuable to scroll through:
https://www.gooduniversitiesguide.com.au/scholarships (select ‘more options’)
Weekly Career News
Please click here for the Weekly Career News.
- Careers in Food Science and Nutrition.
- Ask university course advisers questions via a live chat.
- Year 12 students - key University dates for Victoria, New South Wales and Canberra.
- Meet Tess Whitford - studying the Bachelor of Fashion Design at Box Hill Institute.
- Book a portfolio interview if you are applying for Art and Design courses at the Box Hill Institute.
- Whitehouse College of Design annual Graduate Exhibition and Fashion Runway.
- Francis Gregory Foundation Tertiary scholarship (students from a farming background).
- Year 11 students: Australia National University Tuckwell Scholarship.
- Flight attendant training courses at William Angliss and Aviation Australia.
- Careers in the Victorian Police Force.
- Science Career Wheel, developed by Australia National University.
- Latest stories by 'Careers With STEM'.
- Careers in Music performance - workshop with Nina Las Vegas.
- 2018 Monash University Access Mentors - apply by 31st October
- Monash University Indigenous Entry Scheme
- Monash University Mathematics Bridging course