The Careers Spot
VTAC New Government Resource – 'Beyond School Study Guide'
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has produced the 'Beyond School Study Guide' . This Guide is a digital resource for Year 10 to 12 students providing information about Australian Government assistance so they are able to make informed choices about their future studies.
There are nine resources included:
Three Tertiary education explainer infographics.
Higher Education or VET? – Provides information about each sector so that students can understand what type or level of qualification they may need to get to the career they want.
Pathways to University – Provides examples of ways that students can access higher education (e.g. bridging course; VET/sub-Bachelor studies; ATAR) and points them to apply for university via their relevant TAC.
Choose Your Own Higher Education Adventure – A flow chart for higher education students to select options that apply to them and find which HELP loan is most suitable for their study choices.
One HELP Loan Comparison ‘Cheat Sheet’ – A table to compare each different loan and provide information about when a student might access each one.
Five Fact Sheets - One for each of the four HELP loan schemes (HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, OS-HELP, SA-HELP) and one for the VET Student Loans program, that provide basic information about each.
The guide can be downloaded at: http://studyassist.gov.au/sites/studyassist/beyond%20year%2012/pages/beyond%20school%20study%20guide
Weekly Career News
Please click here for the Weekly Career News.
- Focus on Summer Schools Filmmaking, Computer Science, Biomedicine, Science, Commerce, etc.).
- Service and leadership programs (Scouts, Cadets, SES, CFA etc.).
- New resources for students planning to undertake vocational or higher education study after school.
- Information evenings at Swinburne University for prospective TAFE and higher education students.
- New first-year learning model and Victoria University.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation courses at Swinburne University and RMIT.
- The 2018 Good Universities Guide.
- Le Cordon Bleu Open Day, Melbourne (cookery and patisserie).
- Studying Psychology versus studying Counselling.
- Exam survival tips from Swinburne University.
- 3D Food Printing - the key to future food security?