Year 7 Immunisations
Barwon Health Immunisation Service is once again providing vaccinations for all Year 7 students.
To facilitate this process, please familiarize yourself with the following information:
- Consent cards will be sent home via the students and need to be completed and returned by Friday 9th February regardless of whether the student will be immunised at school. Please write a note on the card to advise Barwon Health if you do not want your child vaccinated at school.
- The Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 authorises secondary schools to provide their local council with student and parent/guardian contact information for any student scheduled to receive a vaccination. This information assists local councils to follow-up parents/guardians of students with incomplete or missing consent cards
What information goes to local council?
Schools provide the following basic student and parent/guardian contact information:
- Student name, gender, date of birth, year level, class, language(s) spoken at home
- Parent/guardian name, phone number, email and postal address
This information will be provided to Barwon Health Immunisation in March 2018. If you do not wish for your details to be provided, please advise the school in writing before 28th February 2018.
- Vaccinations for Middle School students will be held in the Sports and Aquatic Centre.
- Students to wear sport uniform on the vaccination days to allow easy access to the upper arm.
- Following vaccination, students will be seated for a minimum of 15 minutes in an adjacent location and under the supervision of their class teacher and within close proximity to the immunisation team. Any student who appears pale, unwell or distressed will remain close to the immunisation team until they are satisfied that the student is feeling better. If necessary parents will be contacted and the student will be sent home.
- Please note that if students are particularly anxious or fearful, it may be best for you to arrange vaccinations privately.
To learn more about the diseases, the vaccines, or how you can prepare your child for vaccination go to immunehero.health.vic.gov.au
VACCINATION DATES FOR 2018
- Thursday 03/05/18- Yr. 7 – Human papillomavirus and Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis
- Thursday 29/11/18- Yr. 7 – Human papillomavirus
Please contact me via email at email@example.com with any queries.
Year 7 Homeroom Teacher