Positive Discussions -"So How Was School Today?"
Different Ways to Ask Your Kids - “So How Was School Today?”
When children come to the end of the day they are often tired and sometimes emotional. In this state it’s rarely the positives that come to mind when they are asked about their day. Below you’ll find outlined different ways to pose questions and also a variety of questions to ask that will hopefully lead to more positive discussions
- What was the best thing that happened at school today?
- Tell me something that made you laugh today.
- How did you help somebody today?
- How did somebody help you today?
- Tell me one thing that you learned today.
- What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
- Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
- Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
- What was your favorite part of lunchtime?
- If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
At least you may get complete sentences, some interesting conversations... hilarious answers... and insights into how kids think and feel about school.
Deputy Head of Campus