Glass Mentorship for 2018 Festival of Glass
Congratulations To Jane Jerecki and Roxanne Van Beveren Selected as Recipients of Glass Mentorship for 2018 Festival Of Glass.
Jane and Roxanne are two Year 11 Studio Arts students have been selected as recipients of a recently launched Glass Mentorship program. Each year, the Festival of Glass Committee of Drysdale collaborates with local secondary schools to select three recipients of the mentorship. We are very proud to announce that Jane and Roxanne are two of these fortunate recipients.
The process of selection was quite involved and required an interview and a folio presentation to a panel. The Glass Mentors will assist Mentorship recipients to build careers as glass artists by:
- introducing them to a range of ideas, techniques and processes used in glass work
- assisting them to exhibit and sell their work and to compete for Awards – starting with the 2019
Festival of Glass Art Awards
- helping them to build a professional resume, starting by participating in the 2018 Festival of Glass
and promoting the 2019 Mentorship Programme at school
- encouraging them to build a network of shared interests and mutual respect with other artists and
students in the Mentorship Programme.
The mentorship program involves;
- 10 hours of tuition in glass lampwork (including materials)
- 10 hours of tuition in glass fusing (including materials)
- Membership of the Beaders Guild of Geelong Inc.
- Participation in two workshops held at the Guild’s monthly meetings
Mrs Jane Bailey
Studio Arts Teacher