The Careers Spot
MEET MELBOURNE in Geelong
Melbourne University to visit Geelong on the following day:
Tuesday 24 April 2018
Novotel Geelong – Peninsula Room,10 – 14 Eastern Beach, Geelong
6:00pm to 6:30pm: Arrival & Registration
6:30pm to 8:00pm: Presentation
8:00pm to 8:30pm: Q&A
The University of Melbourne will be visiting Geelong in April to talk about …
- Courses and career outcomes, including the Melbourne Model with its many breadth opportunities and unique graduate pathways
- Making your new home in Melbourne, including housing options, connecting with others, and student services
- Opportunities such as studying a concurrent diploma, taking on an internship, going on exchange and scholarships
- Information for Indigenous students
- Access Melbourne, our special entry and access scheme, which offers guaranteed entry to eligible students from rural and regional areas, and those with a disadvantaged financial background.
The flyer for this event is attached for your information. If you were interested in this event, please click on the following link: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/dkt6
Inside Monash Seminar Series
Monash University has been, and will be holding, information sessions as well as Melbourne University. Current and past students will speak, along with academics from many fields.
These seminars are running throughout April – September.
If you are interested visit : www.monash.edu/inside-monash
Can We Guess Your Ideal Job Cluster Based On Your Life Choices?
The Foundation for Young Australians’ (FYA)
“The future is going to look very different. At FYA we believe young people are not a problem to be helped or solved. Young people are ambitious, creative and capable of rethinking the world and solving tomorrow’s problems today. And can do it all with a social conscience that will let them build a better world in the process. FYA is all about backing the next generation of young people who are going to rethink the world and create a better future.
The future world of work will need us to look beyond one ‘dream job’ and instead imagine a ‘dream cluster’ - matching a variety of skills and interests to a cluster so you can carry them across many jobs, not just one. Want to know which cluster you might fit in to?”
The link below will take you to the article and the quiz:
7 New Job Clusters :
Weekly Career News
Please find the Weekly Careers Newsletter attached for your information. Topics included are
- Volunteering Overseas
- Careers in Teaching and Education
- National Youth Science Forum (Year 11 Students)
- Workshops in Film & Television, Visual Arts and Acting at Victorian College of the Arts
- Co-operative Scholarships at University of Technology Sydney (Accounting and Information Technology)
- The Hotel School Melbourne - Discovery Day and Information Evening
- Inside Monash University Seminars
- Meet Melbourne University - regional tour
- Macleay College Information Session, Melbourne
- JMC Academy Open Day, Melbourne
- Nursing Careers Expo
- Collarts Open Day, Melbourne
- Upcoming events
< back to news