The Careers Spot
The following information has been passed on to our Year 12’s – however, you may find it of value for your own child if they have thought of Police work as a future career path :
We would like to pass on the information below regarding a WEBINAR which has come from Victoria Police regarding information on both Police and Protective Service Officer roles and application processes.
The focus of this webinar is to provide information to applicants for entry level Police, Protective Services Officer (PSO), Police Custody Officer (PCO) and Victorian Public Service (VPS) roles.
Victoria Police are currently in the middle of their largest recruitment campaign.
'As the organisation expands, Victoria Police is committed to growing a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We value diversity of age, gender, culture, religion and sexual orientation.
We are mindful that at this time of the year senior students will begin to consider their career options. A career with Victoria Police offers job security, a competitive salary and benefits while they study, undertaking a Diploma of Policing. As a Victoria Police member recruits will receive ongoing professional development through further training, opportunities for career progression and specialisations.
We are hosting an online information session (webinar) for students interested in pursuing a career at Victoria Police. The webinar will provide information about what attributes recruitment are looking for in applicants, how young adults can prepare (employment, extra-curricular activities), what’s involved in the 11 stage recruitment process, what happens during and after the Academy, and lastly what they can expect to be doing as a General Duties (uniformed) officer.'
The webinar will be live, however they are recorded and you will have the opportunity to open the link to the webinar recording for future reference.
You must register this week for the Victoria Police Careers Webinar on Jun 1, 2018 1:30 PM AEST at`:
The purpose of the webinar is to inform and prepare students for the Police or Protective Services Officer (PSO) recruitment process. The webinar will include the following information:
- Attributes Victoria Police are looking for in applicants
- What’s involved at each of the 11 stages of the recruitment process
- What happens during and after the Academy
- Advice for high school leavers (employment and extra-curricular activities)
- Duties undertaken as a General Duties Officer
The following link is on Youtube at : 'Real Police - Real Stories : Write Your Career with the Victoria Police'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPHznaOI2XY
You must register at the first link for the webinar.
Please know that you are most welcome to follow this up with a chat with Careers Practitioners - Mrs Smith & Mrs Bromilow.
Weekly Career News
Please find the Weekly Careers Newsletter attached for your information. Topics included are:
- Haywire competition (rural/regional students)
- John Button School Prize (Humanities/Politics)
- New University of Melbourne scholarship
- Book a Monash University Science Precinct Tour during the term break
- Book a one-to-one course consultation session at La Trobe University
- New medicine partnership program between La Trobe University and University of Melbourne
- Free online Actuarial Science course through Australia National University
- Reminder - university early entry programs now open or opening soon
- Win an adventure pack from the University of Tasmania just by filling out an online form
- Finance Services careers
- Trades and further technical study - websites to explore
- White Card resource
- Maths, Science & Engineering careers
- Health Open Day at University of Canberra
- Trinity College Young Leaders School
- Australian Catholic University - Experience Day registrations now open
- Upcoming Career Events